Thursday 11 August 2011

Day Six and Seven


World's Biggest Goose

Day Six – Thunder Bay to Sault St. Marie

Morning: Thunder Bay Departure; Breakfast at Hoito (Finnish Hall); Drove to Marathon and lunch at St. Paul’s United Church
Afternoon: Drove to Wawa and saw the Big Goose; picked up food for supper at the Supermarket; Katherine’s Cove on Lake Superior for Picnic Dinner and swim at the beach.
Evening: Drove to Sault St. Marie to Willowgrove United Church and some of us went to the YMCA for a shower; Cake at the church, Vesper/Meditation; Sleep.

I loved swimming in Lake Superior and watching the sunset over it as we drove to Sault St. Marie. – Val

The balls of my feet hurt from jumping off that dang Goose.-CHRIS MITCHELL

Swimming in the great lake was amazing!! – Matt

Swimming on Lake Superior
I liked that I got some sleep and going to Lake Superior- Mason

I had a great day today, mainly because it was my birthday!!! Courtnay was giving me hugs all day long which was soo sweet of her. At breakfast I was surprised with candles in my food and everyone sang me happy birthday; even the other folks around us sang to me :D When we stopped at the lake I wasn’t going to swim, but I thought to myself “It’s your birthday do something fun!” I’m glad I did because the lake was nice and warm and now I can say that I have swam in Lake Superior!
A great way to spend a birthday on the road! ~Astrid~
Leaving our mark at the Beach

I love pizza and I am stoked for Tonortoontoooo! – Jake

Worship at the Apology Cairn - Sudbury
The World’s Largest Goose!! Too bad it’s white, not brown, and is slightly rusty… But, Lake Superior definitely lived up to my expectations! I enjoyed a nice walk on the beach and looked across the ocean-sized lake as the sun slowly set.  ~Tabitha~






Day Seven – Sault St. Marie to Toronto

Morning:  Breakfast at the Church; Drove to Sudbury
Afternoon: Lunch at Huntington University (Sudbury); Visited and worshipped at the Cairn marking the site of the 1986 Apology to UCC First Nations people;
Evening: road side stop and played tag and ball; Supper at Eastside Mario’s in Barrie; on the bus to University of Toronto.

Victoria and Yasmin are playing scream 4 on Matthew’s ipad and screaming a lot……… in the game you play as the killer (?!)

I loved being in the place where the 1986 UCC apology to the First Nations occurred. I felt like I was a part of history. -Val

Laughing at videos that AIDAN RICE made on his ipod ….. Mason

I liked the part of the trip where I was asleep. And I am excited to sleep in a real bed tonight. – Jake

Watching Victoria and Yasmin playing games on my iPad and listening to them screaming was really funny!!! Listening to Ciru sing Year without Rain by Selena Gomez was really great!!! GREAT FINAL TRAVELING DAY!! – Matt

So today was something else, I sang with Matt, laughed I’m sortta excited because we just got in to TORONTO!!!! And I say this as I am typing so I’m lucky J well I have never had such a great bus trip for 6 days and now being able to sleep in a proper bed! WHOOT WHOOT!!! ROUNDEZ-VOUS 2011 PILGRIMAGE has come to a great end, THANKS CLINT BEST BUS DRIVER EVER!!!!
-Ciru

NOOO the bus ride is oveer!!!!! So much fun! Its insane!!! I’m so glad we still have 4 days at rendevous, annd I will be able to sleep on a bed!!! AAHHHHHH.  Today was great, we laughed like crazy! Sang like crazy! We played ipad games and had people laugh at us like crazy… apparently we are funny when a game is stressing us out to a point where we are screaming like crazzyy!! BUT WE DID IT!!!! Haha such a fuuun day!! We just made it to Toronto!! AND I HAD THAT PASTA IVE BEEN CRAVING!:D
            ~VICTORIA

I can’t believe that the bus is almost OVER!! I’ve only been on the bus for 3 days but it was the BEST 3 days of the summer!  Today we drove and laughed more than ever!  Bringing back old memories and making new ones.  Victoria and I played a bunch of Ipad games and apparantelly everyone on the bus found it hilarious that we were stressing out and screaming over a VERY intense game!!  I made new friends!! (who love Friends.)  I have to go because we are having a dance party on the bus……~Yasmine

Today I had to put up with two crazy girls named Yasmine and Victoria…….
It doesn't really feel like I’m in Toronto this trip has gone by really quickly but it feels like I haven’t been home for years   
Btw this is the only blog post that I actually wrote, Yasmine wrote the rest ( because she’s the best!)~ANGUS

Today was really long it seems like forever that we were at the forks and even longer since the hotsprings but now we’re here (and it’s weird!) –Ross

Aghh!!! I can’t believe the bus trip is already over! I never thought I’d enjoy being on a bus for 10 hours a day, and for 7 days. But I met some great friends and shared some great laughs. It’s gonna feel weird not being on a bus all day! We still have Rendezvous, but after that I’m gonna miss all of you so much!!! Thanks for an amazing time J - Anthea

I’ve got to say, that was truly the most beautiful part of our trip so far. It really helped to complete the trip in its own way and it helped me appreciate it much more.  –Aidan

Today was a good day having a good sleep and traveling from Sault St. Marie to Toronto and pinching myself because I think I am dreaming I am in Toronto
~ spencer ~

WE ATE AT EAST SIDE MARIO’S :D
~Nicholas

It’s been an amazing trip and I’ve made so many friends. I sort of wish that we could bus back to Vancouver too but we’d probably get sick of it. I hope we do a trip like this again !!! ^_^  ~Emi
           
I have had a good week on the bus , sometimes it was difficult considering we were with the same people 24/7 but it was most definitely a good experience ! I’m excited to sleep in a bed … That’s for sure. ~Courtnay~

Stoked to sleep on a bed tonight !!! loved the trip and the people were amazing and I am ready for Rendezvous BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!! ~Becca~

This was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun.  It was the best bus I have ever been on. ~Eva~

Well the bus ride has finally come to its end and as much fun as it was I’m really looking forward to sleeping in a bed with no one else in the room with me! It was touching going to the Cairn where the Apology happened to the first nations in 1986 and I hope we can all keep working towards being forgiven. Now that we are finally in Toronto it’s hard to believe that we will not be boarding the bus again first thing in the morning. However….Bring on Rendezvous!! ~Astrid~

What a long day, and a long trip! Somehow we made it and were greeted by air conditioned rooms and soft, REAL beds! ~Tabitha~

Love the breakfast, love the long bus rides and beaches we visited, and the pizza was very good at Mario’s pizza place, last but not least, finally had a shower without any delays or long line ups I get to sleep in a room with a soft mattress and air conditioned room, wonder what today will bring?  -Justin Boucher-

Having a good day so far, feeling a tired and excited all at the same time, and cant wait for Rendez-vous to begin and to explore the city. –Jonathon-

Thank you EVERYONE, especially Eric, Rev. Jen, Pamela, and Henri for everything you’ve done. You’re amazing and I love every one of you so much. You’ve made me laugh when I wanted to cry. You’ve made me smile when I wanted to frown. You made this summer one of the best I’ve ever had, and I’ll never forget any of you. I’m so sad that I won’t see you for at least a few months, and maybe longer. I just need to give my biggest thank-you to each and every one of you. And Clint, I need to express my heartfelt thanks, and best wishes for your future. You are an amazing man, and you made this bus trip what it is. I hope to see you again in my Greyhound adventures. Pamela, our fearless leader, you created this and made it possible. Without you we’d all be directionless and your coordination is what made all of this possible. Sorry for any stress I may have caused you. Eric, you’ve always been a hero in my heart. Your willingness to take on challenges and to remain patient when you really don’t have any patience left is what makes you so amazing. You have been an amazing leader at so many youth and young adult events over the years, and I love you so much. Henri, this was my first time meeting you, but news of your fame has been spread to my ears by many many people. Your work at UVic is amazing, and I am amazed at everything you do. Thank you for your meditation time. It really helped me to calm myself and to help me get through what I needed to get through. And Jen, you are so amazing. I’ve seen you at BC Conference many times, and I think I was even at your table group one year. You are so enthusiastic and full of grace. You always know what to say, and you are so fun-loving and humorous. Our shared love of Flight of the Concords made me chuckle deep within my soul. I hope to see you again very soon. Everyone here, I wish you safe travels home and I wish you happiness and love in everything you do. You’re all amazing. The best people in the world. I love you all, and hope to see you soon. What an adventure!
Love from, Jake

Love you all! I was gonna write something super long, but now I can’t, so I’ll just say that I’ve had the best time this week and I’m gonna miss all of you so much!! You are the most amazing people ever, you all need to facebook and email me and keep in touch. I love all of you, I’ve gotten to know you so well in the past 7 days and I never thought I would. I hope we see each other again soon!
Love, Anthea

Astrid and Becca ham it up
This bus trip can not compare with anything in the world! I don’t know what to say! This was amazing! I love everyone that was on the bus like my family! U guys rock! Will miss u! ~Love all ways, Eva~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.